Thursday, June 01, 2006

My life, version 2.0

Mom told me I should revisit my life because I'm missing bits and pieces. Let's just say I wouldn't be a good candidate to collaborate with if A&E decided to make a biography about the famous and eccentric Alexandre Kwesi Larose.

Thankfully, my mom is always there to remind me of key events in my life like the time I pooed in a changing room in a department store, or when I asked this older lady if she was a grandmother and to which she replied "Why yes, I am! How did you know that?" and I proceed to jiggle the loose, crinkly skin under chin and say "Because of this."

Those events happened two years ago. Kidding...

All this to say that mom wants me to write positive things now. She says we don't have a war going on in Canada and we don't have natural disasters knocking on our door. Moms are always right...Well, almost always.

Mother's day has passed, but I still want to tell mine that she has been a good friend and confidant over the years. She been able to help me through difficult times, and was always willing to give constructive criticism when needed. When I was going through life as a 20 something adult and stressing out about life, education and careers dilemmas, she would always say "Do whatever you want to do...As long as you're happy. That's all that counts."

And she was right...Again.

I may not have a doctorate, two homes, a fancy Italian sports car, and a yacht in the Mediterranean, but I do appreciate the roof over my head, my frozen Delissio pizzas, and best of all, my wonderful spouse and child.

Thanks for all the advice over the years, mom. It has made me a mostly optimistic person (you wouldn't know if from reading my first two posts!) and I try to pass along this optimism and any form I can.

You rock, Lyse Blanchard!

Your son

Kwesi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home